My Dog Ate Chocolate

My Dog Ate Chocolate. What should I do?.

My Dog Ate Chocolate. What should I do?

What’s toxic for dog in chocolate?.

My dog ate chocolate. What should I do?” It’s a frequently asked question that many Golden Retriever dog or puppies owners will ask themselves. Theobromine contained in chocolate is a very harmful alkaloid for the Golden Retriever dog, and all the carnivores.

This substance is found in particular in dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, baker’s chocolate, cocoa powder and gourmet dark chocolates; and less in milk chocolate or cocoa powder. White chocolate does not contain it and will not cause chocolate poisoning in your Golden Retriever dog.


What happens when my dog eats chocolate ?.

To answer the question “What happens when my dog dog eats chocolate?“, you must know that Chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine. These two can go bad for the central nervous system of the pet meaning that your dog or puppy may act like his’s drunk, his heart began to beat faster, the dog start whining with wide eyes (heart attack).

The Severity of the The danger is in the amount and type of chocolate plus the body weight of the dog.


Which chocolate type is more or less dangerous to my dog ate it?

For your dog, white chocolate is less dangerous than dark and baking chocolate or cocoa beans.

So if your Golden Retriever dog ate chocolate, it’s very important to remember this fact: Dark = Dangerous!.

my dog ate chocolate 1For example, 200gr of a dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate can kill your Golden Retriever dog!. For milk chocolate, any ingestion of more than 0.5 ounces per pound of body weight may put your Golden Retriever dog at risk for chocolate poisoning.

There is a more harmful effect of theobromine on brachycephalic breeds.

Be careful: No more chocolate treats. There are many other products on the market.


My dog ate chocolate : what are Signs of chocolate poisoning?.

my dog ate chocolate - signs poisoningIf your Golden Retriever dog ate chocolate, small amounts of chocolate may cause mild vomiting and diarrhea. But larger ingestions can cause :

  • Abnormal heart rhythms.
  • Nausea.
  • Diarrhea.
  • Seizures and collapse.
  • Tremors.
  • Severe agitation.
  • Tachycardia (elevated heart rate).

In case you don’t see any signs of symptoms within eight hours, you should call your veterinarian and be more precise about When/Quantity and type of chocolate your dog ate.


My dog ate chocolate : What treatment of chocolate poisoning should I use?.

My dog ate chcolate - use treatment If you suspect your dog ate chocolate, Induce vomiting and give multiple doses activated charcoal to decontaminate your Golden Retriever dog. Aggressive IV fluids to help with excretion, anti-convulsants for seizures, specific heart medications to reduce the heart rate and blood pressure, antacids (such as Pepcid) for stomach discomfort and diarrhea, sedatives to calm your Golden Retriever dog. Theobromine contained in chocolate may be reabsorbed across the bladder wall. So frequent walks or a urinary catheter are needed to keep the bladder empty.


Hope this post helped to answer frequently asked question : My Dog Ate Chocolate. What should I do?”. I took more than 7 hours to write this article about “Dogs and Chocolate Toxicity”. If you have liked this, please do share, like and comment. This will help us.


 


Similar Articles :

1- Golden Retriever Lifespan .
3- Can Dogs Eat Grapes Or Not?.
4- Golden Retriever Breed Standard.
5- Find Good Golden Retriever Forum.
6- How To Stop Your Dog From Biting .
7- My Dog Ate Chocolate What Should I Do? .
8- Golden Retriever Health Problems Issues.
9- How To Deal With An Golden Retriever Dog.
10- How To HOW TO STOP YOUR DOG FROM BITING.
11- Worming / Deworming Your Golden Retriever Puppies.
12- How To Deal With An Aggressive Golden Retriever Dog.
13- Best Male and Female Golden Retriever Dog Names for 2018.
14-The Rabies Reality : Are Golden Retrievers Susceptible To Rabies
15- The Phases Of Rabies & Preventative Measures For Golden Retrievers
16- How To Remove A Tick From A Dog : Case Of Golden Retrievers